Friday, February 25, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
I haven't done round-up in awhile (I always think of a lasso when I say that). So here are the people/places/things inspiring me and what I'm looking forward to.
- Want to pop into new shop Oui Presse in Portland for the latest Anthology and some espresso. Come on Seattle! Why are there no good indie magazine stockists here? If I'm wrong about this, please correct me.
- I stayed up late last night in bed poring over the new-ish how-to book by Christine Schmidt of Yellow Owl Workshop. I'm going to start relief printing (i.e. making my own stamps) this weekend.
- Soon-to-be-opening Specks & Keepings shop! Hillery Sproatt has such an artistic way.
- File under so impractical it's practically perfect: the AZTEK fringe lap top sleeve by Spectacle a la Maison. Maybe a gift for the girl with moxie in your life? Pictured below.
- Celadon and orange in Claudia Pearson's work. I want everything in her shop. And it makes me hungry.
- Jonathan Adler's bold yet homespun graphics on pillows.
- Shopping the "looks" at Totokaelo...
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
*Moment of Zen* from the ol' archive.
We're all wondering where the promised snow storm is in Seattle. Snow one minute and bursts of sunshine the next. Such a low-key winter in this corner of the country, compared to the rest. I need to get ready for the snow in Minneapolis when I see Karin in March. Can't wait!
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Some recent necklace creations. I'm in love with the earthier Japanese seed beads in picture 1 and 4. I get mine at Fusion Beads down the street.
P.S. Thank you to everyone who gave me their opinion on the blog changes! I went with the consensus and I'm very happy about it.