Sunday, March 13, 2011

Michael and I went to the Tri-Cities this week for his birthday and to see his parents. Unlike dreary Seattle, the sun is shining and one can drive with the windows down in the Tr-Cities. To my sun starved eyes, eastern Washington may as well be Shangri-La.

IMG_3550
We stopped in Hood River, OR to stretch the legs and drink more coffee. This place has changed in the past 10 years. More coffee shops and winery outposts than surf shops. My family and I used to go to Hood River every summer to windsurf (oh bizarre sports of yesteryear!)

IMG_3579

IMG_3575

IMG_3587

IMG_3603
Birthday drinks at Lee's.

IMG_3599
Value Village. Michael humors me by trying on sweaters he doesn't like.

IMG_3605

IMG_3606
And back to Seattle...through the worst rush hour traffic in the windiest rain. But it's good to be home.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I enjoy your photos, they are reminiscent of memories. Also, that grey sweater is so dapper.

Britt said...

Brittany

Thanks! I agree, the sweater is great... apparently a little "out there" for M though. Sigh.

Love,
Britt