Sunday, August 28, 2011

ch-ch-ch-changes

IMG_5449

IMG_5458

IMG_5465

IMG_5453

IMG_5441

IMG_5442

IMG_5438

IMG_5433

Whew. Nothing like a 12 hour moving day to put the 90-minute hot yoga class in perspective.

I'm soooo tired, and I'd wager Michael is too, but we're happy. As so often happens in the Urban Housing Olympics I saw our future apartment for a grand total of 3 minutes at the viewing along with six other people. Michael never saw it and just took my word that it was THE place for us. So it was a happy surprise today to realize it's bigger and has about three more closets than I remembered. Never mind the cracked sink and wonky cabinet doors, this is love.

Now comes the putting-it-altogether part. Tell me if you too relish the process of decorating a new space while at the same time wishing it was all done yesterday.

Will post pictures soon. At least the "before" pictures...the "after" might take awhile.

P.S. The pictures are from my parents garden/blueberry farm. We made a detour there on our way home from a wedding in Eastern Washington and after we'd been stuck in an hours long traffic jam. Turns out stand-still traffic will make you hanker for fruits and vegetables!

1 comment:

Karin said...

Your hair!!! LOVE!

I am so excited for you for your new place! I can't wait to see it.

And your parents' garden? Breathtaking. We need to get out to Seattle, asap.